Altera is looking for talented people with algorithm optimization expertise for GPUs using CUDA or OpenCL. Below are job postings and descriptions for 3 positions I am staffing within my San Jose team for Altera’s new FPGA OpenCL solutions. Someone skilled in CUDA or OpenCL language & development flows, GPU system optimization, and has clear communication skills is a good candidate for my positions. It’s an exciting new product for Altera with a lot of opportunity and potential. Job postings are below:
Here is a white paper and webcast on our OpenCL FPGA solutions, and most recent earnings report from our website. We are engaging with select customers in an early access phase now.
(Public White Paper)
(Our most recent earnings announcement – The CEO mentions our OpenCL tools)
OpenCL Optimization Specialist Applications Engineer
# of openings:
As an OpenCL Optimization Specialist Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the Altera sales teams and major customers in North America and Worldwide by providing technical expertise and resolution in FPGA OpenCL design and optimization strategies. Your specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
The successful candidate's minimum qualifications will include the following:
- Profile and undertake performance-analysis, optimization and performance tuning for customer designs.
- Develop unique solution examples and work within the Applications and Marketing teams in providing demonstrations to highlight Altera and partner capabilities at customer meetings and seminars.
- Present Altera’s OpenCL development flow and hardware acceleration capabilities in 1 on 1 and group sessions to illustrate Altera’s advantages as part of ongoing project discussions and customer winning proposals.
- Build sustainable relationships with systems architects, software architects, software managers and processor gurus within key customers in order to understand their applications and influence their design choices
- Assist in developing other Applications and sales team member’s skills in training symposiums.
- Anticipate the future needs of customers and contribute to product planning and product enhancement definitions.
- Provide technical support for OpenCL issues and orchestrate other resources to fully resolve customer issues and queries.
- Remain informed and knowledgeable on OpenCL, CUDA, processors, embedded software trends, through research and participation in forums and industry events.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent academic experiences (Masters, PhD preferred).
- Expert skill with OpenCL and/or CUDA.
- Expert skill with CPU and GPU optimizations.
- Expert C/C++ /Objective C and math skills.
- Experience and understanding of multithreaded programming.
- Strong understanding of code optimization using the GPU, memory management, concurrency and multi-threading.
- Excellent understanding of processor and GPU architectures.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self motivated, work well within teams, and skilled in conflict management.
- Be willing to travel within US East/West, Canada and occasionally beyond.
- This position must be a US Citizen.
- This position requires obtaining and maintaining a US Security Clearance.